Essential Youth Skills & Decision Making Camp Coming to Long Island, New York!
June 28 – 30, 2019We’re excited to provide this 3 day youth and middle school camp in Long Island, New York that focuses on developing the complete player. You will develop shooting, ball handling, passing, footwork, defense, rebounding, athleticism, and other essential skills to become a great a basketball player.Register Before April 14 & Save 20%What will players get out of the camp?
- You will learn the techniques and skill needed to become a great shooter.
- You will learn the essential skills to becoming a great ball handler… no fluff.
- You will learn how to make more lay ups.
- You will learn how to become a defensive stopper and rebounding machine.
- You will learn the critical components of basketball IQ required to become a great offensive player from an individual and team aspect.
We will teach you all of the critical skills and concepts that coaches love and help players excel.
- Stationary ball handling routine that improve rhythm, feel, and coordination with the basketball.
- Dribbles move to help you blow by the defense at will.
- Critical progressions to ensure that your dribble moves are effective and explosive.
- How to position your feet and align your body to increase the chance of shooting the ball straight.
- A form shooting routine that almost every great shooter has utilized that can be done at home.
- Proper footwork and how to develop a quick release.
- How to shoot game shots from game spots at game speeds.
Lay Ups / Finishing
- Finishing techniques used to reduce turnovers and make more shots.
- 1 on 1 finishing drills that ingrain good habits while competing in a fun way.
- How to cut and get open. You will learn v-cuts, basket cuts, l-cuts, backdoor cuts, and more.
- How to attack down screens, back screens, and more.
Defense and Rebounding
- How to improve quickness and play better on-ball defense.
- How to improve speed with hip-turns, push step, and better movement fundamentals.
- 5 fundamental keys to effective close-outs.
- How position away from the ball and be a great team defensive player.
- How to effectively box out your man every time.
- How to use your feet to gain a better position to score from almost anywhere on the floor.
- How to utilize front pivots, reverse pivots, step throughs, sweeps, drop steps, and hops to make you an elite player.
- Improve hand eye-coordination and passing skills with the Steve Nash passing series.
- Competitive passing drills to develop game-like passing with head and pass fakes.
Competitive Play and Controlled Scrimmages
Players will also get to take the skills they practiced and apply them in a game setting. This is fun and intense.
The games are set up, so the players have to give maximum effort and execute proper fundamentals. Players earn points for proper play and are deducted points for poor effort and execution.
Who Can Participate?
This camp is for boys & girls 4th-9th grades, ages/skill levels will be separated.Coach Profile – Quentin MitchellCamp DetailsWHEN:Friday June 28, 2019 – 9:00 AM to 3:00 PMSaturday June 29, 2019 – 9:00 AM to 3:00 PMSunday June 30, 2019 – 9:00 AM to 3:00 PMAGE CATEGORY:The camp is for boys and girls from 4th grade to 9th grade.TRAVEL & ACCOMODATION:Camp attendees can get a 10-15% discount by using this link and booking any hotel owned by the Wyndham Hotel Group (Days Inn, Ramada, Baymont, Microtel, Super 8, Howard Johnson, Traveloge, Knights Inn and Wingate).PLAYER LIMIT:Each session is limited to 60 players to ensure a high number of repetitions and improvementWHERE:North Sport Athletic Facility
469 Fort Salonga Rd.
Northport, NY 11768COST:$195
Breakthrough Basketball Shooting, Ball Handling & Finishing Camp in Long Island, New York!
We’re pleased to announce that we have arranged for Paris Davis to come to Long Island, New York to run a 3-day skill development camp. This is a hybrid of our popular “Shooting” and “Ball handling & Finishing” Camps.
We will work on the foundation of shooting, developing a quick release, and shooting off the catch.
We will work on ball handling drills to beat your defender off the dribble, and finishing moves to become crafty around the rim.Register Before April 14 & Save 20%What will players get out of the camp?
We will focus on confidence, mental toughness, hard work, smart work, and other intangibles to develop great shooters & ball handlers.
Foundation of Shooting
This is the first step in becoming a great shooter. Some players will progress through this stage quickly, while others will need to spend a bit more time to correct some bad habits. You will also learn:
How your stance could actually be causing your shot to go left and right and how to fix it.
Why the parallel stance may not be the right fit for you.
How your legs and not just your follow through can actually cause a flat shot.
The proper release point and follow through.
How inflexibility in your legs can affect your shot in a negative way.
Learn the Steve Nash adjustment that allows players to shoot accurately from further distances.
Shooting Off of the Catch
After we have built a great shooting foundation, we will progress to shooting off of the catch. You will learn:
How to make your shot quicker.
The mentality to making your shot quicker.
The proper body position for every shot off of the catch.
The proper footwork for different situations during the game.
The proper hand position to create consistency and accuracy.
How to pull up out of the fast break.
Learn Advanced Shooting Techniques Used by the Pros
You will learn the keys to a quick release used by the pros such as Kevin Durant and Stephen Curry. You will learn the Michael Jordan 1-2 step used to create space and hit the open jumper.
You will learn the details required to be successful with these advanced moves. If you’re not ready for the advanced moves yet, we have a system set up that will progress players at the proper rates.
An elite player needs to be crafty around the rim especially against bigger defenders. Learn how to attack their weakness and put them in foul trouble and get to the foul line
You will be taught a move that will take away the defender’s momentum in transition to create space to finish at the rim
Develop body control while attacking the basket, stopping on a dime and finishing through contact
Improve Your Ball Handling
During the camp you’ll receive both instruction and intense training to develop exceptional ball handling skills and dribbling moves.
Proper progressions for the dribble moves
We will break down how to effectively progress through dribble moves. Learn these vital progressions that most trainers skip that result in poorly executed dribble moves.
6 things you need to know to be a great ball handler.
You can be an extremely effective ball handler by knowing and practicing six things. Most players and coaches make things too complicated. But dribbling effectively is simple. You don’t need lots of moves. You just need EFFECTIVE moves.
How to be more effective with your dribble
In today’s game, so many players misuse the dribble. They use it and lose their advantage against the defense. We will teach them how to effectively use the dribble and cover more space with fewer dribbles at faster pace.
Develop an explosive first step to create space and transitioning into your shot
Players usually don’t work on this, but this is one of the most deadly weapons in the game of basketball. Due to our background in athletic development, we will incorporate speed drills that will make them faster and quicker with and without the ball.
Learn how to properly pick up the basketball and how doing it the wrong way could be causing your shot to miss to the left and the right.
Learn how the pace of the dribble can make your shot quicker.
Learn how to properly execute the sweep and step through to create space from your defender.
Learn the mentality needed to have a successful pull up jump shot and how the wrong mentality can be easily defended.Coach Profile – Paris DavisCamp DetailsWHEN:Friday August 2, 2019 – 9:00 AM to 3:00 PMSaturday August 3, 2019 – 9:00 AM to 3:00 PMSunday August 4, 2019 – 9:00 AM to 3:00 PMAGE CATEGORY:The camp is for boys and girls from 5th grade to 12th grade.TRAVEL & ACCOMODATION:Camp attendees can get a 10-15% discount by using this link and booking any hotel owned by the Wyndham Hotel Group (Days Inn, Ramada, Baymont, Microtel, Super 8, Howard Johnson, Traveloge, Knights Inn and Wingate).PLAYER LIMIT:Each session is limited to 60 players to ensure a high number of repetitions and improvementWHERE:North Sport Athletic Facility
469 Fort Salonga Rd.
Northport, NY 11768COST:$225
Reserve by April 1st and save 20% off!!!!!